Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ridin' and Bowlin' and Pottin'

I never know how to start these things. I feel like I should have some dramatic opening statement, but I'm always too lazy to come up with something. Plus our life just isn't that dramatic- which I'm happy about. :)

Ari and I found a new park the other day. They had some different stuff to play on, which she was thrilled about.

 Of course her favorite thing was the one that made me work to keep her going, while making me nauseous at the same time. The older I get, the more spinning makes me want to lose my lunch. Anything to keep her smiling. :)



So this plane has been flying around (very low, but it doesn't look that way from this pic) all weekend long. We've learned that it's the Memphis Belle, an old bomber, but does anybody know why it's been flying up and down the valley all weekend? 

Ari is very excited about Ryan's motorcycle. We have taken her on a couple of rides around the block, but can't do more than that. She wanted to have her picture taken on the bike, and the bike HAD to be running, too. Silly girl. 


These next pictures aren't very good, because I had to take a picture of my video monitor with my cell phone. I just want you to take a moment to see what Ari is cuddling during her nap. Yep- that's a football. And it's a red one. She made Ryan buy it for her a couple of weeks ago. I love that she wanted a football, and that she loves it so much! We're doing good with our little Ute!



We were lucky enough to spend some time with Ryan's parents this weekend. Ari loves her grandma and grandpa McLelland SO much, and is always super excited to spend time with them. We went to dinner and bowling on Saturday night, and Ari even insisted that she ride with them on the way to the bowling alley. This was her first time bowling, and she liked it, except she thought it should be her turn more often than it was. 

 She was giving the CHEESIEST grins all night!



 They even had little bowling shoes for her! I was tempted to steal them....




 We only had a couple of minutes for our second game, so we all took turns bowling while holding Ari. We all sucked. :)




This is a crappy picture, but it's the only one of me, and I want documentation that I was there. 

We spend most of our Sunday's at Mark and Dawns, where there's always fun to be had. Today, cousin C decided that the dolly bed was just the right fit for her, and then she and Ari got to throw pots! I love that grandma and grandpa are always down to try whatever with the kids, even if it means making a mess. I think that's part of the reason Ari loves it there so much. 

 She even made us put the blanket on her. So cute. C came and gave me a hug as soon as she saw me today. Made me feel so good! Love this girl!

 Even Rose got in on the action. 


 I think it's so sweet that she's leaning her head right into grandpa's arm. 

 Check out those clay-coated arms! She started rubbing the clay all over her.




I am so grateful to have married into such a wonderful family, and that we have the opportunity to make memories together on a regular basis. 

I really wanted to write down some of the funny/cute things Ari has said/done lately, but I can't remember a lot of it. Here's what I do remember:
- On the way to drop her off at Mark and Dawns, she told me that she had farts in her bum. She also likes to fart on me, then inform me that she just farted on me. 
- She told me that she will listen to grandma, but not to me. 
- When you tell her that you are mad at her, or tell her to go to time out, she'll tell you that she's mad at YOU, and that YOU should go to time out. Luckily, this isn't a consistent thing.
- Every thing is "I'm just..." If she wanders off at the store... "I'm just walking around." If she is stomping on your guts on the bed, "I'm just standing on you." Today she wandered off at the park to see a dog (that she'd already said Hi to), and when I told her to come back, she said, "I'm just making sure the dog is okay." Ya..... sure you are. 
- When she sees that someone is sad in real life or in movies, she always says that they want/miss their mommy. 
-She now calls the gas station, "donut". My fault. :)
- We were at the park the other day, and she asked Ryan to kick her bum while he was pushing her in the swing. "Kick me in the bum!!" He was in front of her, and he'd barely get the swing with his foot after he pushed her back, and she was laughing hysterically. Weirdo kid!

There is more- she makes us laugh every day. I need to do better at writing down the funny things she does. We are so blessed to have such an amazing, fun, sweet girl. We love her more than anything!!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about all the fun you are having. Soon school will be out and we'll have to meet up at the parks. I love her smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard there was an air show this weekend. That is why there were some low-flying airplanes around the valley! I love all the things you do with your family and Ari - keep up the great work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete