Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fun in the Snow and Stuff

We finally got Ari all bundled up and took her outside to play in the snow today. It was great weather- sunny with just an occasional breeze, and really pretty warm. She and the dogs LOVED running around the backyard. Ari especially loved eating the snow. :) She'd stay out there all day if given the option.




 Yum! Snow!

 Making a snow angel. 
 Not the best outcome- Chuck did a drive by licking, and we made foot marks getting her up....

 She LOVES those dogs.


 Abby doing some photo bombing.
 Our attempt at a family shot. Fail.
This was Ari trying to throw snow at me. Lucky for me, it didn't go so well, but she thought she was awesome anyway. :)

So this last week we go to go see the Voicemail Christmas concert at Thanksgiving Point, thanks to Jer and Nat. It was a great night, and Ari had her first experience with a random, non family babysitter. She did great (although I was panicking towards the end... I'm crazy... I know...). We're lucky to have such good friends! Thanks for the night out, guys!
 Nat and I at the concert. Yay for girlfriends!

I think I mentioned before that Ari has been on a "hiding" kick lately. Hide and seek is now a game that she and cousin C love to play at Grandmas. Observe: 
Wheeeeeerres Ari???
There she is!!!
 And there's cousin C!


Last week, we had FOREVER before church started, and Ryan was hanging out in his church clothes without a tie. This was not OK to Ari. Over and over, she kept telling Ryan that he needed to put on a tie. She's such a good example to us, already. We were debating even going, but she was excited to go to church, and we didn't want to see the wrath that would ensue if Ryan never put on his tie.....
Ari has been on a prayer kick lately, too, which I love. She will be in the middle of playing somewhere- the hallway, the dog bed, etc, when she'll fold her arms, and say, "Prayer, Mommy." Leave it to the little ones to teach you the best lessons- that prayers can be said anywhere, anytime, and God is always listening. :) She also likes to look at pictures of Jesus. She has a framed picture of Jesus and the Children on her night stand, and we'll look at it at bedtime. She points out Jesus, then the children, then says that Jesus needs to come home. Melts my heart. 

Check out my reverent girl! This was right before she starting screaming, "BREAD!!! WATER!!!!" repeatedly during the sacrament prayers. She also has to wait until after everybody else says amen before she yells "ANEN!" So much for that reverence thing- but at least she's gets what's going on. 

It's funny how little kids remember random things. When my Dad was visiting a couple of weeks ago, he left when it was time to put Ari to bed. We told her that Papa needed to go night night, too. Now, she'll look out the front window, and say, "Papa Hawkes, night night." She still thinks he's sleeping, apparently, I told my dad he'd better look super rested next time we see him. It also made an impression on her when I wouldn't let her open the Christmas countdown tabs in her holiday Elmo book early. That book is no longer the Elmo book... it's the "Ari Sad" book, because she cried when I told her no. Way to make me feel like a jerk, kid...

I love the stage that Ari's at right now. She loves to help cook. She'll push the kitchen chair over to the stove, and demand to help. This has resulted in more messes, and some messed up recipes, but I'm glad it's something she enjoys. She also insists on pushing the buttons on the microwave. She likes to have me sing (shocker, I know. She must be tone def, too), and she likes yelling, "HEY" when we sing Jingle Bells. Ari can also count to two, and every now and then three. I am so proud of my girl, and am so lucky to be her mom. I can't wait for Christmas!! Yippee!

2 comments: