Thursday, December 27, 2012

CHRISTMAS!!!!

What a fun week it's been, and it isn't even quite over yet! The holidays were a success! We always spend Christmas Eve with Ryan's family. The last 2 years, we've smoked ribs for dinner, so we spend most of the day there. Ari and cousin C had a great time playing in the saucer that came out of hiding. They're a little big for it- but who cares- they're having fun. We played games, had a fabulous dinner, sang Christmas songs (though fewer than we've sang in the past due to the kiddos), and opened presents. Ari remembered exactly what to do with presents. She and Cousin C got a cute worm to ride around, as well as some puzzles to do at Grandmas. It was such a great night, and I left for home feeling so blessed to be part of such an amazing family, and so lucky to be mom to such a sweet, fun girl. She really has made this holiday season so magical for me.
 Ari being good at church on Sunday, looking adorable in her holiday dress. 

 Santa's little helper. She is happy because she has a sucker. She has a sucker because I had to bribe her to do her hair. 




 Not sure if she is smiling because she's helping Grandma cook, or if it's because she sees all the butter in that bowl. She loves butter.  Just ask her. 

 Ari and cousin C helping Grandma make Mexican Tea Cakes, a family holiday favorite.

 She isn't smiling because I'm making her wait to open the gift. She was VERY excited for presents. 

 Finally! It's present time!


Can you read cousin C's shirt?!? Another gift is on its way!!

Christmas morning was fun. Ari didn't get all jump up and down excited about the slide, but she went right up to it and starting sliding! She was excited to see what was in her stocking as well. She thinks Santa is a pretty cool dude. When she is on her slide, she'll tell you that Santa brought it to her, that he is nice, and that he went bye bye. She was great at opening presents. She wanted to play with everything after she got it, which gave Ryan and I a chance to open our own gifts. She was SO happy all day long, and kept her nap schedule, too, which made things much better. I am SO grateful for my happy girl. 

 She was excited that her stocking was a bear.

 SANTA BROUGHT A SLIDE!!


 She even gave the slide a love.
 Miss Wendy gave her a light up snowman. She gave it a kiss right off the bat.

 Daddy getting the assist for present opening.
 Notice that she's strapped in a seat. She loves cousin C's portable high chair, so we got her one of her own for Christmas. She insisted on opening the rest of her gifts while strapped in it. She also spent a good 30 mins later playing with the buckles.
 Uncle Nick gave her this sweet toy where she gets to hammer at balls. He knows her well- she likes to smack and hit things.
 Let the banging commence!!
 She also got an LOL Elmo. She wanted to sit in the box he came in.
 When you tickle him, or squeeze his fish bowl, he laughs.
 Ari knows all about turns now, and insisted that she alternate turns with Elmo on the slide. 

After Ari took her morning nap, we went over to see my Mom. By then she was all about the presents, and kept wanting to open more. Mom got her a teddy bear and an outfit, but she was most excited about the animal book where she can make the animals move with pull tabs. That is all she wants to have read to her at bedtime now- I just have to be careful that she doesn't ruin it. She isn't known for being gentle with her things... Once we finished at Mom's, we came home for nap #2, which started and went later than we'd planned, so we didn't make it to our Grandma's houses, but did get to Aunt Juli's for dinner and a chance to visit with some of the extended family. It was super good to see Dave, Kendree, Trevor and Logan. Ari has missed her buddy, and so have I!! After that, it was home and to bed.

On the day after Christmas, we got together with Dave, Kendree, Chase and Maria and the kids at Boondocks. I was a dummy and didn't take any pictures, but it was a lot of fun. Ari didn't like playing in the little kid area, nor did she have the attention span at the games, but she did like the basketball game. She sat in the ball area and played with them while we tried to shoot hoops. Every time we tried to go do something else, she got mad and yelled, "Basketball!!" After Boondocks, we all went to Cafe Rio for lunch. It was so nice to be able to hang out again. It's been too long.

Today, Ryan and I had Miss Wendy watch Ari for most of the day so we could go to the gym, get lunch, and catch a movie. We saw Les Miserables, and it was PHENOMENAL! I've seen the musical a couple of times, but this movie was so much better. I cried through a good chunk of it, and Anne Hathaway seriously deserves and Oscar. I had a headache afterwards from crying so much, but I am so glad we went to see it. It was nice to have a day to spend with just Ryan. Although, I was super excited to pick up my girl at the end of the day.

Tomorrow we get to go to lunch with Ryan's Grandma McLelland, and we're going to try to swing by my office to try to clean Ari's teeth. I discovered that there's tartar on them. My stomach dropped when I saw it. What kind of hygienist parent am I?!? Anyway, we'll see how that goes- wish me luck. Ironically, Ari's favorite thing from Christmas was her new electric toothbrush. She wants to walk around with it constantly, though having me help her actually brush with it is another story......

I have to take a moment to mention how lucky I am to have Ryan for a hubby. I always talk about how much I love Ari, but I am so grateful to have Ryan in my life. He takes such great care of us, and is so thoughtful. Right now he is upstairs giving Ari a bath so I can write my blog. He is the perfect match for me, and I hope he knows how much I love him. :)

All in all, this holiday season has left me counting my blessings, over and over. I am SO lucky. :)
I leave you with a video of Ryan and Dawn dancing with Ari.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great Christmas!! Ari is so adorable! Love her excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she just melts my heart in that Santa's helper outfit!! SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete