Sunday, October 21, 2012

I am amazing, my kid is cute, and I love my family!

I did it!!! I finished my first half marathon!! I was really worried going into it, because I've had some knee issues, but it turned out great, thanks to a chiropractor and a LOT of prayer! It has always been a bucket list item of mine to do a marathon- so I figured I'd ease my way into it with a half. I originally started training for the Snow Canyon half with some people at the gym, but decided I'd rather do the Haunted Half instead. This way we didn't have to go out of town and pay to kennel the dogs and all the gas, too. I'm so happy I did it! It was a great environment, a beautiful run, and very organized. I am pretty stiff today, and my stomach was a little unsettled just after the run (maybe that's because I had a bundt cake sample and a donut right after I finished?), but I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would. I am not sure if a full marathon is in my future after seeing how my joints respond to the training, but I'm glad I at least was able to to a half.

Me approaching the finish line, behind a bunch of other chicks. 

Special thanks to Ryan for watching Ari and hauling her around with him to different spots to take pictures and cheer me on. Thanks to my Mom and Oakley as well, for stopping by at the finish line to show their support. I am so lucky to have such a great, supportive family!

This is me giving my tiger face, since I'm dressed like a tiger. I definitely look scary- just not maybe in the way I was hoping for. ;)

I still don't know what to have Ari be for Halloween. My friend at work lent us a super cute lion costume for her to wear, but she refuses to keep the head part on, which is the cutest part! I guess you will all have to wait and be surprised as to what she will be. Until then... here are some pics of her with purple vampire teeth (and no pants) to hold you over:



I LOVE Sunday dinners. It is so good to get together with family and just hang out. I can't say enough how blessed I am to be part of such an awesome family, with such awesome people.

This is Ari after Aunt Robin did a magic trick and pulled something out of her ear. 

Ari went on a walk with Grandma and Scooter, and she got some dog kisses when we stopped for a break. Notice the tap shoes she's wearing. She knows that Grandma doesn't want her to dance with those shoes inside, so it's one way she "tricks" us in to taking her outside. 

This is what I love most- everybody just hanging out, playing with the kids and joking around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment