Ari had her 18 month (a month late) well check today. Girlfriend is short- 40th percentile. And a little chubby- 75th percentile. And has a HUGE noggin- 95th. You are all shocked by these numbers, I'm sure. :) I am boycotting the big head number. She was pulling on the tape, calling it a hat, when they took the measurement. It was sitting on her head at a diagonal, making her measurement bigger than it should have been. Her head is big.... just not huge. Her vocabulary is stellar. She pointed to her body parts for the doctor. Ryan and I made her say please and thank you, and make animal noises to show how smart she is. When they said they were going to look in her mouth, she opened like a champ the whole time, even while we waited for the doctor to get up to get a tongue depressor. We are such dorky proud parents, but we sure love our girl. Want to see some cute pics of her?? OKAY!
We went up American Fork Canyon a couple of weeks ago. She was a little grouchy, and I was bribing her with cookie pieces to try to get happy pics.
These were from last Sunday. We took another drive up in the morning. Yes- she's in the same outfit- we didn't really think about that. The colors were beautiful. We are so lucky to live so close to the mountains.
She looks so much more grown up to me, now. She doesn't have that baby face like she used to. It's scary how fast she grows and changes.
I try to take Ari to the library every other week or so. She actually really likes it, and it's nice to have some different books in the rotation at home so I'm not bored to tears when we read. I love that she likes to read so much, and think her vocabulary is so good in part because we've read to her since she was just a few weeks old. Here she is at the library:
Ari doesn't really want much to do with me at the library. She just wants get a book, bring it to the table, look at it for 5 seconds, then go get another one. On an unrelated note, see that archway? It's not meant for tall people to go through without bending over. I was too busy following her around and found that out the hard way. Ouch!
She didn't even make it to the car before she wanted to sit down and read one of her new books.
This last Monday Ari and I went to the farm at Thanksgiving Point with our friends, Natalie and Ellie. Ari had fun looking at all the animals, playing in their agriculture room (don't know what it's really called), riding on the wagon, and she even had her first pony ride!
I think she is pointing at a goat. In my effort to show more of her face, I missed the goat. Oops.
It's a pony! I was a little nervous at first that she would fall off, but she was fine.
Ellie is a horse riding pro.
Ari petting the pony to say thank you for the ride.
Riding on the "tractor." Thanks to Natalie for making faces behind me so I actually got a picture with Ari smiling.
Feeding the ducks. She saw them and started yelling, "Ducks! Ducks!"
Petting the horse. They have signs all over the animal gates that say, "Don't let me eat your fingers." so I was worried to let her get that close. I had to hurry and get this shot before the horse ate an appendage! The things I do for the viewing pleasure of my blog readers- all 3 of you!!














So fun. And yes, the girl has some mad speaking skills. Way to go, Ari! :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love the fall photos!! It's crazy how big and old she is!
ReplyDeleteI love the image of her with her mouth open at the doctors. Bahaha.
Thanks for pics! Sure miss you guys and Ari's cute cheeks!
ReplyDeletehey - it looks like you have FOUR readers! That was so much fun - we seriously need to hang out more. And I loved your title and intro - what we are all thinking when we sit down anyhow (or used to? lol)
ReplyDelete5. :)
ReplyDelete