Last weekend we went with some of Ryan's co-workers to Glenwood, CO to go river rafting. They camped in tents, and I pulled the "I have a new baby card" and stayed in a little cabin with a bed and a light (no potty, unfortunately). Originally, Ari and Ryan were supposed to stay with Locke and I, but Ari really wanted to sleep in a tent. It probably worked out better anyhow since I'm up for an hour 2 times a night to feed him, and I have to have the light on to see what the crap I'm doing (especially when changing diapers, because Locke likes to poop every 5 minutes... and shoot pee at you while you're trying to clean it up). :) It was a beautiful area. In fact, the entire way from Grand Junction to Glenwood was just gorgeous. It kind of made me want to move to Colorado! I couldn't go on the river as my doctor said no getting submerged for 6 weeks, so Locke and I just kicked it while everyone ran the river. It worked out better that way so that we had someone to drive people back and forth to their cars. The grown up folk did the higher part of the river that had more rapids, and then they picked up the kids for the longer, calmer part that came into town. Ari had so much fun. She sat in the basket (don't know what else to call it) at the front of the raft and got splashed the whole time. We also had a lot of fun making s'mores (Did you know that roasted marshmallows are great on snickerdoodles?!?), and chillin' by the fire. The older kids were good sports and played lots of hide and go seek with the little ones. Ari was in heaven.
Ari and her Moab friend. These two get so excited to hang out!
Ari and her buddy kicking it at the park while the guys went to get the cars.
I think this is when Ryan was handing out glow necklaces and bracelets at the camp site.
The last two weeks we've had Ari in swimming lessons up at our clubhouse. She loved her teachers, especially the girl Jordyn (both were named Jordan- haha). These lessons were so much more productive than the last ones we did. They played grocery shopping, Ring Around the Rosie, what time is it, Mr. Shark, Simon Says, and had kicking competitions. Ari loved every second of it. I am so proud of how well she did! On her certificate of completion, her teacher wrote, "Aria, you are a fashion queen with amazing kicks! We loved teaching you because you always made us laugh."
I showed Ari how to flip the camera on my phone so she could see herself when taking pictures. She thought it was pretty awesome.
Aria loves bubbles and we have a bubble machine. The other day she decided to lay down under the bubbles, lift up her shirt, and giggle hysterically when the bubbles popped on her belly.
Goofball.
Here are some pics of Locke. He is starting to make more faces. We've had a few smiles, but so far he seems pretty serious. I mentioned on Facebook that he has colitis, so I've gone off dairy. So far he seems to be doing better in that regard. He had put on 2 pounds and grown 3 inches since birth at his 1 month check. Little guy isn't so little! We sure love him. :)
Sleeping babies are the cutest!
Pretty sure these are both, "Stop bugging me!" faces.
Uncle Nick got him a fox onesie. Locke had to listen to me sing, "What Does the Fox
Say?" all day long. Poor kid.
Say?" all day long. Poor kid.
That is kind of a smile....
This is how he looks most of the time. Do I walk around like this, and he's just mirroring me?? Or is he already giving me attitude? I don't think he thinks I know what I am doing. Maybe cuz I don't....
He also likes to get spit bubbles when he sleeps.
Ari still loves to hold baby brother whenever she can. She's very good with him, and gives him hugs and kisses all the time. She also HATES it when he cries, and covers her ears. Overall, I think she's adjusted to being a big sister pretty well.
Chuck likes to get in on some snuggle action when he can. The dog's haven't seemed to care that there is another little person in the house.
Ari wanted to take a picture of me, so here it is. Not the best, but I don't have many pics with me in them. I sure love my little family. It will be so hard to go back to work in another week, but part of me is ready to get back in the routine. More than anything, I just want to get the clear to go back to the gym!





















No comments:
Post a Comment