Monday, October 7, 2013

Frightmares and Fall

We took Ari to Lagoon for the first time last Saturday. We made sure to have her wear her "tall" shoes, which put her at.... barely.... 36 inches. Sort of. Depending on who you ask. Luckily, Lagoon rides are operated by teenagers who don't give a crap, and we didn't have any problems going on lots of fun rides! Ari had a great time, and made me a proud momma by going on everything that she could with no fear. Her favorite ride was the kiddie land version of The Rocket. She giggled the entire time.  We all got to ride some bigger rides, like Bombara, and some new dragon spinny thing that almost made me barf. Yay for Lagoon!
We made her take her nap in the car on the way there. I don't think I will ever tire of watching my sweet girl while she sleeps. Plus I think it's kind of amazing that we can say (an hour before her normal nap time), "Go to sleep now so you aren't grouchy at Lagoon." and she does it. 


 She was very excited to shoot at us. Not sure how I feel about that.

 She refuses to smile on a carousel, despite the fact that she loves them.

 Ryan loves the carousel. Clearly.



 Doesn't it look like she's flipping the bird, but without the finger? She is actually showing us her stamp.



 No hands! 











We also went bowling with Tobin and cousin C. I wasn't very good at getting pictures. You wouldn't know it from the video, but Ari and C get along really well, and love hanging out with each other.

I've been wanting to take a drive up the canyon to see the leaves, so we headed up on Sunday afternoon, and had a quick little impromptu photo shoot while we were there. I wish we'd thought ahead and wore some cuter clothes, but I think they turned out pretty well considering we had 10 minutes to take pictures before we had to head back for dinner.  We put our camera on a rock and set the timer for the family shot.





I can't wait to go pick out pumpkins, and take Ari trick or treating. She finally decided that she wants to be a cute witch. So excited!


1 comment:

  1. That's an AWESOME family pic! I love that she is so fearless

    ReplyDelete