Saturday, July 27, 2013

Draper Days and Haircuts

A couple of weeks ago we had Draper Days, so we headed to the park for some fun. It was crazy hot, so we didn't stay long, but Ari got to ride a pony, pet some animals, and got a spray on tattoo. She loves pony/horse rides, so we paid for 3 rides, which gave her one REALLY long ride, and they swapped her around onto different horses. She loved petting them and yelling, "Giddy up horsey!" They had a little reptile exhibit with a lot of snakes, and then a large tortoise that the kids could pet. There were sheep and goats that she was able to pet, too. I love that she has no fear of animals, and is always game to pet or play with them all (including bugs, which I think is gross.... but whatever). 







 We were looking for face painting, but couldn't find anything, so we had to resort to the spray on tattoo, which she was THRILLED about. She immediately said she wanted a butterfly, and started exclaiming that she was "older now," because I've told her that she can decide if she wants a tattoo when she gets older. :) 

The 24th of July was pretty laid back. Ryan worked, so it was just Ari and I. We spent some time at the park, and then went to lunch with Grandma Sue. That night, we went to Mark and Dawn's for treats and fireworks. I use the term "fireworks" loosely because all we had left were a couple of flowers and some sparklers. I was still glad we were able to get together, even though it was a pretty early night for everybody. 

Ari with a flower in her hair, while outside doing fireworks. I am sure my brother will appreciate the shirt more now that she isn't wearing "jorts" this time to distract him. Buttface. ;)

Today, we took Aria in for her first haircut! We were hoping they could cut it so that it would seem less unruly when I leave it down. The lady ended up cutting about 2 mm off the ends, so it doesn't look much different, but she did give me some ideas on how to do her hair. It's just so awkward because she's got long curly hair in the back, and short straight hair in the front, plus a crazy cowlick. I barely know how to do my own hair- what am I supposed to do with hers?!? I'll have to put some more effort into it. Ari was excited about the idea when we brought up getting a haircut today, and is now walking around saying, "I like my haircut!" I think she thought it was fun to put product in her hair, and she obviously loved the sucker she got at the end. The lady gave me a little snip of her hair.... I am not sure what I'm supposed to do with it, though. 






Next weekend we get to go to Moab for Ryan's work party, and they're paying for us to go Zip-Lining in the canyon!! Woot! I'm so excited! Ari is also excited to play with her Moab friends. She started singing a made up song about Moab in the store yesterday when I reminded her that we'll be there next week. She's so much fun. I am sure loving this age. She can be exasperating, but she's so cute and funny that it makes it all worth it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment