Friday, June 21, 2013

Have I mentioned that I LOVE summer?

I know I say it over and over, but I seriously love summertime.  There is just so much to do!! We really need to consider moving someplace where it's warmer for more of the year.

We spend lots of time at the splash park over by Ryan's parents. One Friday we took lunch over to eat with Grandma, and she insisted we go to the splash park before we came home. I wasn't prepared, so I just let her run around in her underwear. Ghetto, I know. But I like to think of it as me being a cool mom (or a giant sucker for my kid... you pick.) We also went last week on Fathers Day.








We went to Texas Longhorn for dinner last Saturday. Our steaks were really yummy, but, man, was the service slow!! It got difficult to keep Ari entertained while waiting for our food. She also needed to go to the bathroom when the manager was brining us our check, and felt it was important to inform him that she needed to go poopy. I don't think he quite knew what to make of that. :)

 I started digging around in my purse for something for her to play with, and came up with medical tape.  
 She was doing the cutest walrus face with her crayons. I tried to get her to do it again for a picture, and this is what I got. When I tried to direct her to bite on the tip end so the crayons would point down, she just bit the tip off of the crayon. Whoops. 


We spent all weekend at the CrossFit Southwest Regional games a few weeks ago. It was so fun to support our trainer, Hillari. I came away from the weekend with so much love for my CrossFit Draper family. It was also good to catch up with a bunch of other friends that we know through CF. I really don't have any good pictures from it, but here's what I got anyway. There are better pics on the CF Draper FB page.


 Ari made some friends on the bleachers. Every time we'd pass them while walking around, she'd yell, "There's my friend!"

 Trying on some pull up gloves. 


Watching other people work out is hard work!

Ari working on her back squats.


Ryan had to go on a business trip last week, and since he got so many hours while there, he got to take Friday off to spend the day with us. We were going to do Lagoon or Seven Peaks, but the weather was crummy, so we ended up at the Aquarium instead. 






That's about it for now. We're going to take Ari to her first movie at the theater this weekend! We're hoping that because she loves Monsters Inc so much, she'll be entertained enough to sit through Monsters University. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment